With the way the world is going today, processed foods seem to have come to stay. Despite their adverse effects on our health, there is little or nothing anyone can do about it. But you can do something about what you put into your body as food to guarantee your good health.
There are different discoveries in the world of nutrition talking about meal plans that can help you achieve one health feat or another. One of which is the paleo diet meal plans – designed to mimic hoe prehistoric humans may have eaten in the early days of men.
What is a Paleo Diet Meals Plan?
The term “Paleo” was derived from “Paleolithic”, which is a term used in the description of hominin groups that lived on plant-based foods, fishing, hunting, and scavenging wild animals. This is basically the human way of living in the olden days.
And from history, people that existed in the paleolithic era lived a stronger, healthier, and longer compared to what is obtainable today. There are a number of reasons for this – including their eating patterns.
What can we do in this modern era in order to enjoy the sort of good health these guys enjoyed at that time? To answer this question, scientists came up with a paleo diet meal plan – a diet believed to be very close to what humans lived on in the paleolithic era. Typically, this meal plan looks something like:
- Healthy fats and oils
How to Follow a Paleo Diet Meals Plan
A close look at the paleo diet meals plan, you’ll see that it’s basically what many people are used to these days, except for the exclusion of processed foods. This is quite a very simple diet to follow. All you have to do is eliminate the so called “modern foods”, and stick to organic meals. Examples of foods you should cut out of your diet if you are going on this plan include the following.
- Processed foods
- Sugar, soft drinks
- Most dairy products
- Artificial sweeteners
- Vegetable oils
- Trans fats
Not let’s take a look at what a paleo diet meal plans free of modern food menu for 7 days look like.
- Breakfast: Avocado, kale, banana, and apple smoothie with almond milk.
- Lunch: Mixed salad leaves with fried seabass, pumpkin seeds, and an olive oil dressing.
- Dinner: Roast chicken with a stuffing of onions, carrots, and rosemary.
- Breakfast: Chopped bananas with blueberries and almonds.
- Lunch: Mixed salad leaves with leftover salmon and an olive oil dressing.
- Dinner: Beef stir-fry with mixed peppers, using coconut oil to fry.
- Breakfast: Broccoli fried in coconut oil with toasted almonds and a poached egg.
- Lunch: Mixed salad with tuna, boiled eggs, seeds, and olive oil.
- Dinner: Harissa-baked chicken wings with steamed broccoli.
- Breakfast: Bacon, eggs, and tomatoes fried in olive oil.
- Lunch: Mixed vegetable and chicken soup with turmeric.
- Dinner: Grilled lamb chops with wilted spinach and spiced red cabbage.
- Breakfast: Spring onion, tomato, and mushroom omelet.
- Lunch: Mixed salad with chicken, avocado, seeds, and olive oil.
- Dinner: Slow-cooked beef stew with mixed vegetables.
- Breakfast: Coconut milk, mixed berries, and spinach smoothie.
- Lunch: Butternut squash, broccoli, and tomato omelet with mixed salad.
- Dinner: Red pepper, broccoli, baby corn, and salmon stir-fry.
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with wilted spinach, grilled tomatoes, and pumpkin seeds.
- Lunch: Mixed salad leaves with leftover roast chicken and an olive oil dressing.
- Dinner: Oven-baked salmon with asparagus and broccoli fried in coconut oil.
The question now is, is it possible to adopt a paleo diet meal plan free of modern food? Yes, it is. It may be stressful for someone who is starting out for the first time, but it gets easier with time, and the results are mind-blowing.
What are the Benefits of a Paleo Diet?
For a lot of people, this plan is one of the best out there for anyone that may want to lose weight or achieve any health benefits through dieting. It is important to note that it does not have to be the same for everybody. You can have a paleo diet meal plan for weight loss and the person next to you can have another one for vegetarians. It is important to get your aim right before doing this. Here are a few benefits of this meal plan.
- It improves digestion
- It is great for weight loss
- A good way to control hunger
- Improved sleep
- Clearer skin and healthier looking hair
- Mental clarity
- Improved mood and attitude
- Improvements in those suffering depression or anxieties
- Less or no bloating, decreased gas
- Sustained weight loss
- Muscle growth; increased fitness
How do you lose weight with the paleo diet meal plan weight loss? This is an important question because a lot of people tend to assume that the plan on its own is enough to get them to slim down, and that is not at all the case. If you want to slim down with this diet plan, then you have to count your calories. According to health reports, you need an average of 1300 calories a day to lose a little more than 1 pound in 7 days.