The world is so fast-paced these days that many of us rarely have time to do what really matters, like taking care of our body through proper exercising. If this is you, then we have some good news for you. Do you know that you can spend as little as 10 minutes a day to work out and still get great results in a short while? Yes, you can!
How to Start Your 10 Minute Workout Routine?
All you have to do is figure out which part of your body you wish to focus on, develop a routine based on that, stay consistent, and you’ll get great results with time. It may take a little longer for you compared to people who put in as much as 2 hours every day following their workout routine, but if you stay on it, you’ll be impressed eventually.
Simple 10 Min Ab Workout
If you’d like to focus on your midsection, here is a simple 10 min ab workout for you to try.
Get right into it by stretching your muscles and joints to help you get your blood pumping and ready for the real action. Try as much as you possibly can to reach everywhere in any way you prefer, not just your core. Do this for about 60 seconds.
All you need for this round is just your mat.
- Lay on the ground with on your back and your body stretched to its full length
- Try to lower your feet towards the floor to get your back a little away from the floor
- Raise your hands and your legs stretched out over your torso and get them as close as possible to each other
- Return to your starting position but do not let your hands or legs touch the ground before raising them again
Do as many reps as possible in 60 seconds to make one set; 3 sets in all and 30 seconds break in between.
This is one of the most common moves you can find in a 10 min ab workout at home. It is simple and does not require any instruments.
- Lay down on the floor on your back, your legs shoulder-width apart on the floor with your knees bent, and your head up as it looking in-between your legs
- With one hand at a time, touch your legs and engage your core in the process. Your right hand should go to your right leg and your left hand your right leg
- Do as many reps as possible for 60 seconds to make one set; 2 sets in all with a 30-second break in between the sets.
The higher you lift your head, the more effective this 10 min workout for abs would be. It may be a little challenging to do that especially if you are still starting out. Do what you can at the beginning and build your way up to the right posture with time.
Crunches are always great exercises used in achieving different results and health benefits. The reverse crunch is one of its variation that can be used to achieve a ripped core.
- Lie on your back, your body fully stretched, your palms faced down, and your knees raised to let your feet stay flat on the floor
- With the help of your palms pressing down on the floor, lift your hips off the ground and crunch your knees towards your torso. Your hips should be high enough to the edge of your back in contact with the floor
- Return your body to the starting position in a controlled manner
- Do this as many times as possible for 60 seconds and take 30 seconds to rest before going another round two more times.
This move is great not just for your abs, but for your back, hips, and waist. These 10 min ab workouts, if paired with the right nutritional plan, would get you in shape in no time.