Improving muscle mass can be a challenge. Some say that one’s body type can be genetic and that some can have an inborn skinny body type. However, with a proper meal plan and a muscle builder workout plan, this genetic challenge can still be overcome for one to have a bulked-up body he or she desires. So, let’s first understand how muscle building works in the body.
The body naturally gains muscles through physical activities. However, to get a pumped-up muscular frame, the mechanism by which the body gains muscles must be improved. Muscle fibers are made of proteins, and proteins are produced through a process called protein synthesis.
Protein is synthesized through food absorption and exercise. When one engages in a workout plan to build muscle, the muscles get damaged in the process and get repaired through protein synthesis by connecting the damaged muscle fibers. During workouts, protein synthesis is stimulated, making it easier for the damage and repair process to happen.
Therefore, the more you workout and the more you challenge your muscles to give them significant but not permanent damage, the better you can facilitate its bulking up process.
Getting into a Muscle Builder Workout Plan
If you’re ready to overcome the above challenges, then you can proceed with reading through our workout plans for men to build muscle below.
- Push up – This horizontal exercise belongs to our list as it effectively burns calories while providing a challenge to your muscles. It affects your chest and pectoral muscles. To do this, simply start with a plank position. Then, bring your chest as near the ground as you can without straining, then bring your body back up. Do 20-30 repeats of this as a minimum per day.
- Pull-ups – This vertical exercise works out your lats, traps, rhomboids, shoulder blades and under-armpit muscles and hence, is included in our list of workout plans to build muscle. To perform this, you’d need a sturdy metal railing to grip into. Then, bring your body upwards by using your upper body strength. 10-20 repeats of this a day can fast track your muscle building.
- Squats – Squats are great for your glutes and leg muscles. Adding weights to your squats can catalyze the muscle-building process even more as it increases the number of muscle groups affected. One of the easiest squat types you can do is the bodyweight squats. Add a resistance band in your 20-30 repeat routine, and you’ve got yourself a winner.
- Reverse crunch – You will always need core exercises in your beginner workout plan to build muscle as it strengthens your torso, making you endure more upper body and lower body routines. A reverse crunch. To perform one, lay down flat your back and press your palms flat on the ground. Then, left your legs up to your glutes. In a way, you’re lifting your lower body with your core strength. This is an awesome way to challenge your core muscles.
- Bench Press – This one requires at least a weight bench, a barbell, and some weights. You will also need a spotter to bring the weight to your arms carefully. This routine works out your pecs, shoulders, triceps, forearms, lats, rhomboids, and traps. To do this, lay your back flat on the bench with your legs spread wide and your feet anchored on the ground. Then, have your spotter carefully bring the barbell with the appropriate number of plates to your ready arms. Start by bringing the barbell down, and then bring it up to a managed height. Do this for 10-12 times for 3 sets. As you become used to the routine, you can increase the number of reps or the weight of the plates.
- Planks – They say that you will not realize how long a minute is until you do a plank. It may seem like a simple exercise, but it’s powerful enough to help you gain muscles and strengthen them. It has various types. You can do a full plank, an elbow plank, or a side plank. It is much better if you will do all or a combination of them every gym day. You can allot a full minute on a full or an elbow plank and then 30 seconds per side on a side plank.
- Deadlift – A deadlift is also one of the favorites when it comes to any list of muscle building workout plan. This really helps your lower back and your legs get toned and sculpted. To do this, lay down the weight (either a barbell or a dumbbell) in front of you. Then, go into a half-squat position and lift the weight until you’re in a standing position. Do this for 10-15 times for 2-3 sets every other day.
The best muscle building workout plan begins with a good mind-set. If your mind is set to the goal and you build the habit of working out hard and properly, you will reap its benefits while enjoying the routines. Remember that any workout goal will have its challenges. Therefore, when getting into it, you must aim for realistic routines that will fit your schedule and lifestyle to avoid inconsistency.
Another challenge is the burn out due to repetition. If you feel that you are getting too comfortable with a routine, then change it to keep your body challenged and your mind reconditioned. Changing your routine every 2 weeks can help keep your workouts exciting and fun.